SOUTHERN IN STYLE.
From pantry to the pit, this ultra moppable BBQ sauce recipe has you covered. Everclear opens the aromas of the spices while deglazing the pan to bring even more heat to the table.
½ c. Everclear
2 tbsp. Olive Oil
4 Cloves Garlic; Minced Or Pressed
1 tbsp. Cumin
1 tbsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Cayenne
1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
½ c. Apple Cider (Or Tart) Vinegar
2 c. Ketchup
1 tbsp. Molasses
1 tbsp. Salt
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat the olive oil and bloom the garlic making sure not to brown (2-3 minutes). Add the spices to the pan and heat for several minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with Everclear and cook until the smell of alcohol dissipates.
- Add the vinegar, ketchup, molasses, salt and lemon juice.
- Cook on medium-low for 30-40 minutes or until the bbq sauce is darker in color and rich in flavor.
- Let cool and serve with your favorite grilled dishes.
Please Enjoy Responsibly.