Using organic cacao nibs and vanilla, this Chocolate Liqueur recipe captures the richness of real cacao and delivers it in cocktail form. Yielding enough to share, or hoard, depending on how charitable you feel this season.
First, you’ll need to gather your ingredients. For the initial infusion, you’ll need 4 cups cacao nibs, 1 vanilla bean and 1 bottle (750 mL) of Everclear®. For the brown sugar simple syrup, you’ll need 3 cups brown sugar and 3 cups filtered water. Here’s our brown sugar simple syrup instructions if needed.
With a knife, split the vanilla bean vertically to expose its potent interior. Then combine with Everclear® and cacao nibs in a large, sealable container. Store in a cool, dark place and let steep for one week.
You can make your brown sugar simple syrup now and store in the refrigerator, or wait until your infusion is complete.
Once your infusion is ready, fine strain with a coffee filter to get rid of any excess nibs and vanilla bean that would normally find its way through a mesh strainer. Then, dilute the infusion by mixing it with your cooled simple syrup. Once mixed thoroughly, bottle and gift. Or just enjoy.
4 cups (32 oz.) Cacao nibs
1 Vanilla bean
750 mL Everclear®
3 cups Brown sugar
3 cups Filtered water
- Split vanilla bean down the center with knife.
- Combine Everclear®, cacao nibs and vanilla bean in a large, sealable container.
- Let steep in a cool, dark place for 1 week.
- Fine strain the infusion through a coffee filter.
- Combine brown sugar and water on stovetop to create brown sugar simple syrup.
- Once cooled, combine simple syrup with chocolate infusion.
- Bottle and enjoy.