COMPOTE WITH A KICK.
Dessert just got more luxe with this infused cherry topping, made with fresh pitted cherries, lemon, vanilla and Everclear.
2-3 c. Everclear
4 Pints Cherries, Pitted
2-3 c. Sugar
Lemon Peel, Pith Removed
2 Vanilla Beans, Split
- Add the pitted cherries, vanilla beans and lemon peel to a sterilized mason jar.
- In a small saucepan, add the sugar and just enough water to wet the sugar.
- Heat until the sugar fully dissolves, then let cool.
- Pour the sugar syrup over the cherries and add enough Everclear to fully cover.
- Shake and put in a cool dark place. Shake every couple of days and store for several months.
- When ready to enjoy, strain the liqueur and bottle. Serve the infused cherries over ice cream or add to your favorite recipes.
Please Enjoy Responsibly.